3.14.2012

2012 Spring Garden Progress Report #2

Welcome back to the (almost) weekly garden progress report!  How is your garden growing?  It's still a few weeks before it's officially spring here, but there are several seeds planted in my garden already.  Below are month-old peas... they're still small, but I think they may be outgrowing their container very soon.

Because of that, I've planted peas in the raised garden bed as well, along the back right side of the bed.  On the left will grow the cucumbers which are almost ready to be transplanted into the garden.  These are the little peas just popping up:

Also coming up in the raised bed are spinach seedlings.  Not much to show here, but I am rather surprised- since I didn't sow twice as many as needed- that nearly every one I planted has come up.

Homegrown carrots are beyond delicious, so I have two square feet in the raised bed dedicated to them as well as a larger area in-ground.  I'm anxious to compare the health and taste of both against each another.  But I think I have a long wait.

Well, that appears to be it!  Now it's your turn: tell me in the comments how your own garden is growing and what you've planted so far.  I love to learn new techniques!  

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I do not have a green thumb! But, your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a garden for the first time this year - excited!

    I planted a few seeds at the weekend and keep going out to check on them. I think they need a bit more time yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I have my seeds indoors under my grow lights right now and getting the mulch around my squarefoot garden beds right now. I'll be updating my blog and posting pictures of my progress. Come on over and subscribe to my blog so that you can see what I post as I post it! I just subscribed to your blog also! Can't wait to see your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're off to a good start! I'm trying broccoli for the first time in my garden I'm excited to see how it turns out. Good luck with your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!