2.08.2012

Seedling Progress

It's been about ten days since I planted the seeds for this years garden.  The seeds I started in the Bio Dome are growing rapidly and appear extremely healthy.  What a difference it made to use this system instead of hand-filling peat pots with soil and not being able to monitor their temperature.


I keep them in a brightly lit window during the day.  If it's overcast, the top stays on, but if it's sunny, I take the top off so the shoots don't get too leggy.


Each morning the leaves are ringed with droplets from the humidity in the dome.  They stay snug during chilly evenings!  You can see how they turn toward the sunlight, so I rotate them during the day to keep them growing straight.  Not sure if that's good or not, but it's what I do.


Besides the seedlings in the tray, I've also planted spinach in-ground and am awaiting the appearance of little green heads popping up!  How is your garden growing?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love to grow gardens. It never ceases to amaze me when I watch them grow. I unfortunetly cannot this year. :( I hope yours turns out wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful to be able to grow your own spinach !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!