12.30.2011

New Year Resolutions

For me, the new year is a fresh beginning- a time in which to accomplish all that got put off the previous year.  One year I created unreasonable goals that I knew just by looking at them I could never reach.  It resulted in heartache.  I was putting undue pressure on myself before I realized what God's plan for daughters was.  It changed my whole perspective.

Now, planning for this time is usually enjoyable and rewarding in the long run.  Last year around this time I was planning 2011's agenda.  Among others were my blogging ambitions to:

1. start a small blog design business (done)
2. gain 100 followers (done)

I also wanted to gain skill in photography, and by comparing last year's photos with this year's, I can honestly say that also has been accomplished.

Whether you believe in setting New Year's resolutions or not, the idea is simply this: create a plan to prevent chaos and generate productivity.  I hate for a year to end and wonder what in the world did I accomplish?  For me, that's easy because of my limitations.  So setting easily attainable goals with a bit of work involved is very rewarding when they're completed at the close of the year.

For 2012, my plan is first and foremost to:

1. Develop a deeper walk with God and
2. Once again, read the Bible through

Those that follow are personal goals such as:

3. Developing a light exercise routine (yay)
4. Planting, maintaining and harvesting my third garden
5. Further improving photography skill
6. Journalling weekly (since I started blogging, this has been sorely neglected) and
7. Going off of sugar (you might think this is far from being "easily attainable" but I've done it before.  All it takes is a little knowledge and willpower... and we all have that.)

To jump-start my resolutions, I've already created a Bible reading plan and designed the layoutbought the seeds and a seed starter for my small garden.  Oh, and I need to eat that last candy cane before it's no-sugar time!

What about you?  Do you create resolutions for the new year?  Do they help you to stay focused?

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Haven't been blogging much lately. Thought I would pop in and say hello! Sounds like your blogging is going well.

    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae...I LOVE this post..Thanks for always sharing so much inspiration throughout the year.. I look forward to seeing you develop through all the goals you have set forth...Stopping in to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a lovely bloggy friend this year. I look forward to SO much more in the new year with you.. Cheers to success, love, health and Wishing you the HAPPIEST OF NEW YEAR'S.. xoxoxox..~M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post! I want to focus on being a better wife and mother in 2012. And *hopefully* run a marathon. It's all riding on the ACL healing properly!

    Happy New Year!

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a hard time not setting unattainable goals...I don't know what it is about this time of year that makes me think I can do everything I ever wanted in the next 365 days! When I really sit down to ponder what my desire is for 2012, I want to read through the Bible, I want to redo our bedroom, and the boys' room, and I want to care for my body better, from what I put in it to what I put on it. I think those are all goals that are realistic! Wow, this is getting long, but thanks for helping me think it out Heather, lovely post. ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been successful with my goals in the past, but I'm hoping for a more productive year. Here are my goals:

    http://www.thismomsdelight.com/2011/12/2012-i-choose-three-healthy-frugal-mother/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate all of your thoughtful comments. It sounds like you all are going to be plenty productive this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was cool that you include maintaining changes from last year in your goals. I'm not sure how much more I can incorporate now...besides...I forgot all about thinking through my resolution until today.

    Rats. Maybe I need to resolve to be more organized...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!