12.26.2011

Make-It-Yourself Monday #8 & Link-up

The Christmas festivities are over- the wrapping, cooking, baking, unwrapping, indulging, and cleaning up what's left- and maybe, just maybe you're ready for a bit of TLC.  If that's the case, how does a hot bath sound with the added incentive of a homemade bath recipe perfect for easing the last of the stress away?

Image from Pinterest
I used to add perfume to my bath water before I learned that it cannot bind to water and therefore is useless to scent the water.  From then on, I would add a few spritzes to a teaspoon or so of baby oil.  I don't recall if it scented the water, but it sure felt delicious.

Below are some fabulous recipes to try in your bath.  So take a half hour, mix up a recipe to pour straight into your hot bath, sink into the enveloping warmth and soak your cares away for just a few minutes.  Of course, an hour never hurt anything either.

Chocolate Eclair
16 oz. epsom salts
1 tsp. cocoa powder

Lavender Dream
16 oz. epsom salt
several drops of lavender oil

Essential Oil Illusion
1/2 cup baking soda
several drops of your favorite essential oil

Enjoy!

{Note: essential oils may cause skin sensitivity.  Always use as directed and don't use if you have high blood pressure, are pregnant or have other medical concerns.}


Linking up with some of the following:  Making Your Home Sing Monday @ Mom's The WordWeekend Warrior Mondays @ Ask AnnaWhat's In The Gunnysack?Dittle DattleNinth Street NotionsSo Creative Party TimeMore The Merrier MondayMeet Me MondayBedazzle Me MondayShow It OffTeach Me TuesdaysDomestically Divine TuesdayTitus 2sdayGratituesdayTackle It TuesdayYesterday on TuesdayRaising HomemakersDeep Roots At HomeSweet Peas & BumblebeesWomen Living Well WednesdayWorks-For-Me WednesdayGinger Snap CraftsProverbs 31 ThursdaysLittle Natural CottageThe Shabby Creek CottageThe Artsy Girl Connection At The Picket FenceLike a Bubbling BrookWhipperberryHead-To-Head Showdown

post signature

7 comments:

  1. first time here & linked Strawberry yogurt pudding cake from me...thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I just gave my pregnant cousin some sugar scrubs and foot soak, both made with essential oils - should I be concerned and tell her not to use them until after she delivers? Did I put her baby in any danger? Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. tgmagazine- I'm not an expert on essential oil dangers, but I do know that it depends on the type used. Perhaps this website (http://www.essentialoils.co.za/pregnancy.htm) will be of help to you. Your cousin must be grateful to you for pampering her during her pregnancy! I wish you both the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Think I will try it.
    I am hosting a Best of 2011 blog hop and would love to have you come link up a favorite post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea.
    I am hosting a Best of 2011 blog hop and would love to have you come link up a favorite post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, thanks so much for coming by and linking up!

    Shanda, thank you for the invitation! I'll be sure to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!