The only word that comes to mind as I revel in the richness of freshly made and still-warm fudge. Mmmmm.
We who have dietary restrictions need not mourn during the holiday season that we cannot partake of traditional sweets and goodies. With a few substitutions, ours can even be better than what the others are eating! My fudge was reached for more than others in years past due to its texture, flavor, and overall goodness and superiority.
Here's the recipe:
2/3 cup Coconut Milk (we use Thai Coconut Milk as it is thicker and richer)
1 2/3 cups Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
1 1/2 cups Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or any dairy-free chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Spoonful of Earth Balance "Butter"
1. Combine first three ingredients (coconut milk, sugar and salt) in a saucepan on low-medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and then stir constantly for five minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until marshmallows are completely melted.
4. Quickly grease a 9x9 baking dish with Earth Balance and pour in melted mixture. Let it cool for at least an hour before serving.
5. Let your mind go blank as your taste-buds rejoice!