11.21.2011

Make-It-Yourself Monday/Special Holiday Edition & Link-Up


Welcome to the first Make-It-Yourself-Monday Special Holiday Edition featuring Thanksgiving Crafts!  Holiday Editions = more crafts!  More crafts = more fun with the family and beauty in your home!  Get ready for some gorgeous and easy crafts that I gleaned this week and prepared here especially for you!  And to top it off, I'm having my first Link-Up so don't forget to, you know... link up!

To start, we have our paper pumpkins from last week, but with more pizazz this time around!  Try using scrapbook papers, ribbon and twine to fancy it up!


Next up are some truly gorgeous (and free) Thanksgiving Printables from Silverbox Creative Studio!


For our third craft we have Scented Orange Pomanders!  Imagine them as a centerpiece!  Note: this tutorial is for creating a simple pomander using cloves.  Use an orange peeler to cut the designs and create a more visually appealing centerpiece.


Next are Paper Bag Lanterns!  Glue a paper doily on the inner wall of a paper bag and set a tea-light (battery-operated would be my preference) inside.  Voila!

Paper Bag Lanterns

Fifth is a pert and pretty Fall Pumpkin!  I just love this one!


And lastly, isn't this DIY cute and cozy?  All you need is a plain candle, clear vase, decorative branches, and twine!

Decorative Candle

Next week I have a special craft for you that I'm excited to present, so check back here next Monday!

Don't forget to link-up your crafts below!  Any craft or anything related to Thanksgiving (recipes, DIY's, Thanksgiving preparation, homemaking tips, etc.) is welcome.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous and creative Thanksgiving crafts! My children and I are enjoying doing a few of these right now. :)

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad, Kristy! Aren't they fun and gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with the scented orange pomanders as soon as I saw them! Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy very first link party!!! Thanks for hosting, all your thanksgiving ideas are truly lovely! Those paper bag lanterns are stunning! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and cute Thanksgiving crafts! I featured the pumpkin at So Creative. Make sure to come grab a button!
    soverycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacinda: me too! I think they're wonderful!

    Thank you for the congratulations, Jen, and for your help!

    Thank you so much for featuring one of these crafts, Heather! Your blog is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Heather! Do you have a button for your link party? I'd love to display it if you do. ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ideas! Love the Orange Pomanders! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for linking up to TGIF & we'll see you next week! Don't forget to enter for a chance to Guest Post & Have your blog featured on my sidebar for the entire month of December - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/thank-you-want-to-guest-post.html
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!