11.28.2011

Make-It-Yourself Monday/Rolled Paper Rosettes


Welcome to the fourth installment of Make-It-Yourself Monday featuring Rolled Paper Rosettes!  This is the special craft I've been desiring to share with you, my dear readers!  Here in the H. Rae household (yes, you may laugh at me) we've been working weeks on this project!  My parents and I all worked together on this one, but don't misunderstand me; it's very simple!  We just like to make things more elaborate.

Don't get lost in all the photos!  The tutorial is just below.  And please link up your craft at the end of this post!

In this tutorial, the hands you see are my beautiful Mum's as I photograph her progress.

To make a simple rosette you'll need:
Scrapbook Paper

Scissors
& a Glue Gun

Step 1. Cut an irregular circle, whatever size you like.  Ours is about 6".


Step 2. Starting at the outside edge, begin cutting into a spiral toward the center.



It should look something like this (we used two papers so that both sides were printed).  Irregular circles make for a more interesting flower shape.


Step 3. Roll your flower.  Start at the outside edge and coil tightly, making sure that the printed side is being rolled inward with the plain side showing.


Continue rolling until you reach the center, achieving a tightly coiled rosette.


Step 4. Release the coil and your flower blooms.


Step 5. Peel the very last coil up (on the bottom) and hot glue the underside of the flower so that it stays together.


There is your beautiful rosette!

We went far beyond rosettes, as you can see!  We enlisted Father's expertise to make (fabulous!) origami boxes (also from scrapbook paper) and embellished each box with matching rosettes, tulle, glitter, bits of ribbon and leaves.  Refer to this website to learn how to make the leaves.













Enjoy making your rosettes!  Don't forget to link-up your crafts below and grab my new link-up button!



post signature

26 comments:

  1. Heather, these are absolutely STUNNING!!! How pretty would these be as part of a napkin ring, or strung together to make a delicate paper garland. I'll be linking up tomorrow when my next post goes up! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Perfect addition of whimsy to a lovely gift. I'm totally trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE ARE B E AU T I FU L.. I love them.. I love them on top of the wrapped presents.. SO unique and elegant.. : )) I would LOVE for you to please share them via my Special Christmas Soiree linky please..This is such a great project.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-favorite-christmas-recipea-special.html -- TY , wishing you an amazing start to your week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, as well as your photos (as always). My craft (and pictures)aren't so beautiful, but it is Make-it-Yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen- Thank you! Leave it to you to think of more fabulous uses! Get crafting, Girl! I want to see what you do!

    Lisa Grace- I would love to see your finished product!

    Marilyn- Thank you so much! I've linked up with you! Thanks for the invitation!

    Amy- I love your craft! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are lovely! And I am totally a visual learner so these pics and your instructions were super! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazingly gorgeous, Heather! Thanks for all your work.. and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the compliments, Ladies! I hope you enjoy making them as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so so beautiful! I completely love how pretty these packages are!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely!! I am going to try them myself!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Heather, these are beautiful! I tend to come up a little short in the craft ability department, but I think I'll try these when I wrap Christmas presents this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are sooo pretty, love them!! I'm your latest follower from Ginger Snap Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are Beautiful, I'll definately be trying my hand at making these! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you would share at my blog ShabbyTeaParty. I'm starting a new linky party called Wednesday Wrap Party. It's going on now, please stop over and link up. Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers looks so amazing. I can't wait to make these.

    -http://watchmeplaynlearn.blogspot.com/2011/11/finger-paints.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! These look GORGEOUS!! You are so crafty!!!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Don't forget to brab a button for your post or sidebar so others can find the party & link up too - thanks. See you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful and look so easy to do, thank for posting. I've pinned it on Pinterest!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you could join in at Wednesday Wrap Party! I'll be back to visit soon. Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful paper floral creations! They look like they would be fun to make. I'll need to get myself a glue gun and try this sometime.

    Also, it's good to know you're having a link-up on Mondays. I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these! I saw them on the Gunny Sack! I am your newest follower!
    Kim@madeinaday!
    Http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I've been meaning to try these myself and your tutorial has convinced me that it needs to happen NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am now following your lovely blog based on these roses. Just beautiful. Your photography is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!