A dozen roses represent a dozen blessings. What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday? It's a sobering thought, and one that brings us back to the reality of our situations. Most of us in the blogging circles have innumerable blessings, yet our nature inclines us to complain rather than be grateful. We so often put our focus on the little irritations of life instead of whatsoever things are lovely.
My bouquet of gratitude reminds me of what I have to be thankful for:
12. I was born in the land of the free and the home of the brave!
11. I have two godly parents who are still together in a world where broken homes are the norm!
10. I know what love is!
9. I know who God is!
8. For the gifts and talents I have been given!
7. For the person God is continually molding me to be! I am not forgotten!
6. For the clean air outside my doors and a sky fresh and clear!
5. I can walk outside barefooted and not have to worry about contracting a horrid disease from the waters some must walk through in their daily journeys.
4. For the modern conveniences that make communication, correspondence, and transportation a breeze!
3. For the small things like the poodle curled at my feet, the comfy chair I sit in, and the meals I am never without.
2. For the portion of health I have been given!
1. For the dear friends I have made just because I decided to start a blog!
I am truly blessed and duly grateful!
If you feel like taking on a 10 day challenge, visit Little Natural Cottage, where Kristy is having a gratitude challenge! 10 days; no complaints. You'll be surprised how often a complaint comes to your lips once you start to count them.
I'm linking up with: