7.09.2011

I've Been Blessed...?


"If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters."  Anonymous

     "What kind of a person are you?" people ask.  "Morning... evening?"  "Well, now" I say, "to be perfectly honest, I have nothing against mornings.  I quite enjoy them actually.  I sleep right through them."  *smile*

     That is indeed the truth.  I require more rest than the average adult (see my 'about' page) and I do not awaken at the light of dawn {though I've heard it's something to see *another smile*}.  Some people have an amazing ability- something akin to a light switch- to turn "on" immediately upon rising, loud and chattery.  

     When I came across this scripture I was sure to highlight it for future reference {and laughs}:

"He that blesses his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse unto him."  Proverbs 27:14

     My personal "on" button takes about two hours to kick into gear, and even then it's a very slow chug.  Bless me with a loud voice in the morning and you'll receive a reproving glare from over my teacup.

     Maybe I'm not able to enjoy a sunrise, but I do enjoy a good sunset.  But I couldn't be called a night owl either.  No, indeed.  I fit my waking hours right in between the two.  I think the question intends rather to ask "what time of day do you prefer to engage in activity if you had the luxury of a choice?"  Or in simpler terms, "What part of day do you most enjoy?"
     
     What of you?  Are mornings your special quiet time?  Are evenings your enchantment?  

"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning" Henry David Thoreau

Good news for those who require those extra hours, isn't it?

Musings by h. rae

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by. And I am glad you did, so that I could pop by yours and read this hilarious post! It was so fitting that you write this. I was just musing on this subject last week. I used to be one of those people who just popped right out of bed, loud and chattery :-)
    I drove a carpool of a few friends to high school and it would DRIVE them crazy as I would pick them up with a *loud* "hello, good morning"! Or my personal favorite "wakey wakey eggs and bakey!". I am no longer like that, just due to life in general (and a lot of late night reading ;-)
    I am glad I don't drive people crazy anymore with my early morning energy, but I do kind of miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, I had to laugh when I read your comment! I love the "wakey wakey" mantra! I understand how you would miss your sunshiny disposition in the morning (if only we all had that), but I'll bet your friends are relieved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a wake-up-with-a-smile kinda gal! I have a hard time relating to my husband, who is a little slower to wake than I am. Sweet post, h.rae, maybe I'll have a little more compassion on my less than cheerful counterpart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do quiet and slow wake ups around here. The children all understand this..I cannot jump either, unless there is something demanding I do so, then I'm on it. (like a sick child)

    If I had my way, *sigh* and the sleep fairy (just like the cleaning fairy) actually showed up to ask me, I would tell her that I would prefer staying up until 12 am each night..and sleep until 8. I don't need a full 8 hours, but rather UNINTERRUPTED sleep..which I have only had 2 nights of in 10 months, since my 6th child proves to not be a good sleeper so far.

    Thankfully, God blesses all the time, and I am not one who needs more than 6 hrs, and even still, I'm functioning somehow on broken 5-7 hrs of sleep most nights...

    *Sigh* where are those fairies, anyway? They are FIRED! Have a blessed day sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way. I wake up slowly. I need at least 30 minutes.
    I'm, obviously, not a morning person, but I'm not a night owl either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!