5.23.2011

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme...

     In the greenhouse, many herbs are growing.  In the ground, lavender blooms in abundance.  Here are some pictures of what is growing now:

Image by h. rae
In the herbs planter is oregano, basil and parsley.

Image by h. rae
Oregano

Image by h. rae
Basil

Image by h. rae
Parsley

Image by h. rae

Lemon Balm

Image by h. rae
Peppermint

Image by h. rae
Baby Cilantro Nesting Indoors

Image by h. rae
Culinary Lavender- Above and Below

Image by h. rae

Image by h. rae
     
     We use the herbs for cooking, teas, baths, other beverages, sugars and honeys.  We're currently making lavender sugar and lavender honey.  If they taste as good as they sound, I'll be sure to post recipes!

{Coming up: Veggies}
h. rae

3 comments:

  1. I love herbs! I think Rosemary and Thyme are my favorites...they are so wonderful to use with grilled chicken! Oregano has our yard smelling like pizza right now..:)
    Last year we tried a few veggies but they didn't do well. I love vine fresh tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they wonderful? They add so much flavor to meats! We recently had pork chops scattered with tasty herbs... it was delicious. My first tomato plant of the season got blight, so all my others are in pots, in direct sun, with plastic over the soil. My fingers are crossed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!