3.22.2011

36 hours to Flu

     You know it's not allergies when you wake up with a sore throat that lasts until noon.  36 hours on the dot.  I always feel the result of an infection 36 hours after I have, unbeknownst to me, been generously gifted with the spreading of a common contamination.  ... Lovely.

     I discovered my personal 36 hour "initiation" period when I babysat two very sick little boys a few years ago.  36 hours later, I was sitting in a comfortable church pew enjoying the service with my visiting family, and within 2 minutes I went from comfort to agony, fled out the back door, and succumbed to a violent flu that landed me in the hospital several times.  The mental and emotional scars from that time period still haunt me as well as the 36 hour initiation period.

     And yes, this time as well, I can quite clearly see- if I think back 36 hours- when and where the germ decided to make a new nest within my sanctuary.

     If only after the initial wait period, it would last no longer than 36 hours!  Maybe I'll get lucky...

     I can hope, can't I?


h. rae

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and sure hope that you feel better very soon. I"m so sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care. Rest, rest, rest. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle! I'm hoping it will pass soon. Too many illnesses going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are not feeling well.Will be praying for you...fluids..rest when you can...♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't get the full meal deal. I like your facelift. It is very relaxing and soft. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ladies! I appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!