2.12.2011

In Loving Tribute...

...To a "once upon a time" princess.




One year ago today, after over four years of shared happiness, Little Red, a sweet Peruvian Guinea Pig who was more dog than rodent, was mercifully put to sleep.

During her lifetime she was starred on a popular pet website called Cute Overload.  She also made it into their page-a-day calendar with the same picture shown on their website.

I couldn't let the day go by without paying some sort of tribute to this little gal, who dedicated her entire life to making me happy.

    

Some people think a small pet can't possibly compare to a dog or a cat, but I'm thankful to have had the chance to see just how precious and loving they can be.  They're not only for children, but for those who love the diversity in nature.

If you are a small pet lover, and find the hidden gems in these littlest of furry ones, I'd enjoy hearing about your experience!  If you have a larger pet, you're welcome to share your story also.
 h. rae

{Photos shown were taken by my father several years ago.}

3 comments:

  1. H. Rae,

    I am sorry to hear that you lost your little furry friend. I own pets too (some cats), and I can honestly say if one of them passed away, I would be sad.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet to have had in your life!! I hope that this is a very happy day for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... We miss you little Red. She definitely was a good little piggy. Love you hunyi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!