1.16.2011

Viewing Your Battle as a Blessing

We’ve all had them.  Days when we just want to throw in the towel, give up, give in, and give over to our adversary.  Days when the heat of the battle is more than we feel able to bear and the night air seems too thick with the smoke of gunfire to rest our weary bodies. 

Sometimes the dawn brings new perspectives; sometimes it just brings another day of battle. 

What if we started to view our battles- our struggles, our daily irritants- as… blessings?  

…What if we saw those battles as a gift instead of a curse?

Instead of getting upset, angry or irritated- which robs our peace and joy, and makes for an unsettled and discordant individual and home- what if we accepted what had been given us with the right attitude? 

The right attitude being one of willingness and endurance.

Many battle their way through life and never know the true joy of being “tried with fire” and coming out victorious, realizing that through their trial, God is molding them into a greater servant. 

Attitude is the difference between ineffectual battles and effectual battles

Attitude can enable us to use them to our greatest advantage.

“Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.”Psalm 27:3

Do we not know that God is in control of what befalls us?  And do we not know that He is with us during out trials?

“Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31

Instead of allowing ourselves to be beaten down and trampled upon, let us rise up with renewed courage and declare the victory, knowing full well that we are the victors and without battles we would never grow in spirit or be fruitful in the Kingdom of God. 

It is the fire which tries us, and though the heat is intense, we will come out better than we were before if we take on each battle with the right attitude… and make it effectual.

h. rae

5 comments:

  1. You are truly an inspirational writer. I needed to hear this! Thank you for your inspiration, H. Rae. You speak from experience. ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Auntie! When something comes to me I just write it down and hope that someone, besides myself, can be encouraged by it. Thanks for keeping up with me! Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully written. Oh how many days I have felt this way...gotten discouraged when things just seemed to go the complete opposite of what I had hoped upon waking.
    The Lord is gracious and it is only when I go to Him with my worries that I can see the day through a different perspective. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! I need to save it to reread somehow. The little squabbles in the home during a typical homeschoolng day (over nothing important) certainly can disrupt a peaceful atmosphere and attitude. Thank you for helping me remember to look at them correctly and then respond correctly so that my children and I can both grow. Stopping a battle with kind words is much better than geting right into that battle- a reminder I need everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. h.rae, this post speaks to my soul. I would never have understood it had I not withstood those purifying fires myself. God intends for those trials to shape us and He gives us the Grace to endure. We emerge better, stronger when we have conquered with, as you say, the right attitude. Thank you for the great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!