1.24.2011

The Tenth One

      This short and to the point article is from Amy at The Finer Things In Life.  Visit her website for more inspiration.


********************************************




“This is the one I have trouble with,” she whispered, pointing timidly to the children’s Bible resting on her lap.
{sigh}
The tenth one.
I know it well.  

Do not want what belongs to anyone else.


When we got home from church that morning, she went on.  “I learned a lot about it at Christmas this year, when I wanted what my cousins had.  I liked my presents; I really did.  I just wanted their things, too.  We can’t all have the same things.  Everyone gets what is best for them, and sometimes we can share or trade.”
I’m a firm believer that much of America’s problem with debt is plain and simple covetousness.
We see what other people have and we want it.  If they can have it, so can I!  And debt or no debt, I’m certainly not going to deprive my children of having what other children have.
How ridiculous are we?  When will we wake up and be content with the blessings placed before us; hand selected by the One who knows our every need and desire?
"And he said to them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses."
Luke 12:15

***************************************************

h. rae

1 comment:

  1. Oh so very true... lack of contentment leads to an unsettled heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!