1.07.2011

2011 Theme Word

"Intentional"


         I was first introduced to this theme word by Amy at The Finer Things in Life.  Her article on theme words and her own use for this one in particular is worth the read.  But I didn't decide to apply what I considered to be "her" theme word to my own life until, in a singular moment, I recalled that I had kept a 2011 engagement book hidden away in my drawer for over six months awaiting the new year, and the words printed across the cover were "live with intention."  I eagerly excavated the book and again read those words, thrilled to know that "live with intention" had been my new year's theme all along.


  
        So many hours can be wasted every day because we are not living with intention or using our time intentionally.  We have no plans outside of our daily tasks and what we have to do each day.  If we "live with intention" we cannot but accomplish more during the year.  

         I personally make out a list of resolutions- or goals- at the beginning of each year so I have something to aim for while I keep my theme word uppermost in my mind.  

        Have you made any resolutions for the new year?  If you have more ideas on theme words or resolutions, I would love to hear about them!



h. rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting An Original Belle and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you!