12.23.2010

Terms & Conditions

By purchasing services from me, you are agreeing to the following Terms & Conditions.


PAYMENT

I accept payment through PayPal only.


DEPOSITS & WAITING LIST

A 50% deposit is required to add your name to the waiting list.  The remaining payment plus any additional charges are due upon completion of the design and before installation.  If you do not wish to be added to the bottom of the waiting list, you will be charged a rush fee of 25% of your total purchase costs due in full at the time your deposit is made or upon the decision to rush your order.


INDIVIDUAL ITEMS

Individual items must be paid in full before the design process begins.


PACKAGES

A 50% deposit is require for all packages.  You will not be added to the waiting list until the deposit is received.


DESIGN PROCESS/HOURLY RATES

During the design process, it is imperative that you frequently check your email.  I will often need questions answered concerning your design and cannot proceed without correspondence.  When you purchase a package, one complimentary large revision is allowed with your design if you are not happy with the first proof.  A $50 charge will apply to each large revision made after that.  If you see some small things you'd like changed such as a font size or placement, you may request two rounds of small revisions.  For each round of revisions not included with your design, you will be charged an hourly rate of $50, with at least a one half hour minimum.

The design process is an exciting time and seeing it come together is rewarding.  However, sending multiple emails with requests for a few small changes each time is not only confusing, but it goes against your allowed revisions.  Please take at least 24 hours after your test site or proof is revealed to consider what changed you'd like to be made before sending a message.  This makes for a more efficient and quick design process!

Revisions made after you have given prior approval on the design, revisions you did not specify when given the opportunity to make changes, or revisions/edits made after the design has been installed will be charged an hourly rate of $50, with at least a half hour minimum.  


REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS

Because I am a one-woman design team, I take on a limited number of projects per month.  Because of this and the unique nature of graphic design, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason.  Cancellations made after the design process has begun will result in full loss of initial deposit, 25% of the remaining balance due, and the client will be liable for full payment of any additional fees acquired during the design process.  If you wish to cancel your design, you must do so 30 days prior to your presumed start date and may reschedule for a later date.  Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to your start date will result in full loss of deposit, but may be rescheduled without another deposit payment.  
NO EXCEPTIONS.


AUTHORIZATION/ PRIVACY POLICY

When purchasing services from me, clients are agreeing to allow me access to their blog by providing login information for their hosting and domain accounts.  Your privacy is very important to me and while I have administrator privileges, I will only use them for installing and setting up your design.  No changes to your personal content will be made other than widget/plugin addition/elimination if requested.


GRAPHICS & IMAGES

If you request graphics and/or images for you design, you will be allowed to choose your images from Stockfresh.com and email your choices to me.  I will use the mock-up of your image to design with initially until you are satisfied.  Once I have your approval, I will make the purchase of the necessary size of the image.  You, the client, are responsible for payment of these images.  The additional cost will be included in your remaining balance due.


HOSTING & DOMAIN

You, the client, acknowledge that I am not responsible for hosting wordpress.org blogs and that hosting, domain set-up and transfers from Blogger to Wordpress are not included in my services.  You are responsible for setting up you own domain with hosting and having Wordpress installed before installation of your design.


SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE

Each design comes with lifetime email support.  If you have any questions or problems, you may email me and I will respond within 48 hours during weekdays, usually sooner.  Graphical and coding changes are not included in support.  If you have any problems that require maintenance, you will be charged an hourly rate of $50, with a half hour minimum.

I work Monday-Friday from 10AM-5PM.  Sending multiple emails outside of these hours does not result in a faster response, but more confusion.  Please remember that I am not available at all hours and that I will get to you as soon as I can.


COPYRIGHT AND USE OF PRODUCTS

I retain legal copyright to all aspects of design.  You, the client, own the copyright to your own site or blog content.  Design items are not to be altered in any manner or used on any platform other than they were intended.  I reserve the right to add a text or image copyright link to the sidebar or footer of your blog/website.  This is not to be removed and must remain visible and active during the time you use my design.  I reserve the right to use your design in my portfolio.


CORRESPONDENCE 

During the time you are on the waiting list and during the design process, it is important that you frequently check your email for messages from me concerning your design to expedite the design process.  If I do not hear from you for 7 consecutive days, you will be dropped to the bottom of the waiting list.  If I do not hear from you within the space of a month, you will be removed from the waiting list, forfeit your initial deposit,  and be liable for the above stated fees (see Refunds & Cancellations).  If you are going to be away or on vacation, please inform me that you won't be available during that time and we will adjust accordingly.  


MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

I reserve the right to refuse any project.  I am not responsible for incompatible or outdated browsers that don't portray the design properly.  Please be sure to update your browser to ensure the best quality portrayal.